M Tech/ M Tech + PhD Dual Degree Program in Space Engineering
In today’s world, Space is not just about human curiosity in knowing what’s beyond. Space has turned out to be a frontier essential to address a plethora of current issues as well as future prosperity. It includes study and prediction of climate change, communication, navigation, defense, security, survey, agriculture, environment, ecology, and astronomy. It is essential to develop technology and trained human resources to meet the enormous requirement in this sector both in government and private sectors. The students trained in UG/PG degrees in other disciplines have the basic foundation but fall short of the specialized skills required to carry out research in the domain of Space Sciences and Engineering.
- This program is designed to provide fundamental concepts and specialization in Space Systems Engineering, Operations and Techniques.
- Applicants from basic engineering fields will gain expertise in the domain of space sciences and engineering.
- This program is designed to cater for job aspirants in India’s emerging space industry, geo-spatial and defense sectors.
Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ): Four-year Bachelor’s degree or five-year integrated degree (with first division as defined by the awarding Institute/ University for Indian applicants and equivalent to International applicants, as assessed by the Institute) in Electronics and Communication/ Electronics/ Engineering Physics / Aerospace, or M.Sc. in Physics/ Electronics/ Atmospheric science.
Relaxation as per GoI norms in qualifying degree is applicable for SC and ST category applicants.
Qualifying Examination (QE):
(a) International students: Valid score of TOEFL or IELTS.
(b) Indian students: Valid GATE qualification in Aerospace Engineering/Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Physics/ Engineering Sciences (Engineering Mathematics + Fluid Mechanics/Material Science/ Thermodynamics/ Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences)
Categories of Admission:
(a) International Students:
- International self-financed (ISF) students;
- International students sponsored by non-government organizations or by a reputed industry (ISW);
- International students sponsored by foreign government or its organizations or through mutual collaborative programs of India with other countries (GSW)
(b) Indian Students:
- TA: Teaching Assistantship (TA) under this category on Full Time basis.
- SW: Excellent eligible applicants sponsored by a reputed Industry or R & D Organization with minimum work experience of two years, under Sponsored category (SW) as Full-Time.
- DF: Applicants from the Defense Forces under this category.
- IS: Institute staff members of IIT Indore on Part-time basis.
Candidates of SW, DF and IS categories will not be provided any scholarship.
Selection criteria: GATE Score and / or Interview. (Valid GATE score compulsory for TA category)
Duration of the Program: Two years full-time.
For further details please visit: